Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pincushion Organizer Set


Can you believe I didn't have a pincushion until two days ago? It is true. I never wanted to buy one because I knew I could make my own super cool one. However, the project always got pushed to the bottom of my to-do list. I even started Anna Maria Horner's cool Pincushion Caddy, but I wasn't so crazy about my fabric choices, and it is sitting in the bottom of my "unfinished drawer" and haunting me. *grin*

Then Elizabeth from Oh Fransson! came up with this awesome Pincushion Organizer set, and I knew I had to make it. I loved the tool organizer and thread catcher. We have green carpet, and the threads stand out at me screaming "Vacuum!" Plus, I can never find my seam ripper when I need it. I always lose my seam ripper. Always.


I used my first and only Japanese fabric that I got while in California at Strawberry Patches. If you ever are in CA or live there, you must go to this store. It is heaven. All the beautiful fabric, beautiful patterns, beautiful notions, and beautiful Berninas. I paired this cute Japanese fabric with some old Anna Maria Horner and Robert Kaufman's Pear fabric. I cut the pears sideways for the tool organizer. Bummer! So pay attention if you have directional fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I love Oh Fransson's stuff -- she makes such great patterns. I can't believe you didn't have a pincushion until this one!!! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...