Sunday, May 3, 2009

Small Messenger and learning to quilt!


I made this mini messenger for a friend's mom. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I used Heart of Mary's basic layout for this bag. Although, I didn't add the zipper top but put in a zipper pocket in the lining instead. I also based this strap off the messenger bag from my new Japanese book. I love how it is adjustable and can be made to go over your should or across your body.

I made the main part out of linen, and it has more wrinkles than I care for. The accents are a floral (from a fat quarter I received from Sew Mama Sew's fat quarter swap) and a green and white polka dot (Love polka dots.) The curves at the bottom are the hardest part. The linen kept shifting on me.
My brick path quilt is coming along nicely. Glad I chose such an easy pattern.
I also decided to join Crazy Mom's quilt-a-long. You are supposed to make one nine patch a day. These are my first four. I think I am going to try to do two a day to account for vacations and busy days. I am so excited to be using my small little scraps for these. It is so much fun to use fabrics that you remember from other projects. The blocks on the right are from the first bag I designed myself. The blocks on the left are from my first commissioned bag. (Thanks, Erin!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the bag!!! I think that's the FQ I sent you (if my memory serves me!) Glad you could use it.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...