Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pieced Tunic- Pattern Review


Fabric:  Top piece is an old knit shirt of mine that was too stretchy.  Dot fabric is a Patty Young knit for Michael Miller.

Yesterday was my birthday!  My last year in my twenties, and I hope to make it a good one! ;0p  Lil Blue Boo came out with this pattern yesterday.  I have always loved this tunic that they make for their shop, and have been hoping they would come out with a pattern for it.  So I splurged on my birthday and bought the pattern!  I love it!  


Here is a side view.  She shows you different ways in the pattern to make the bottom portion more patchwork-y, but I decided to keep it simple this round.  I will definitely be making more of these though!


I really love the style of the back.  


The instructions were great.  This is only my second time really working with knits.  They still really kind of intimidate me.  The pattern claims it only takes about an hour to make, an it did go really fast.  Longer than an hour, but I am always slow especially the first time I make something.  I did use my serger for this.  It is a basic Brother 1034D.  However, she does have tips in her pattern on how to sew this tunic if you only have a sewing machine.

There are only a couple of pattern pieces, and they were simple and easy to cut out.  I cut out a size medium, which fits well I think.  She recommends using a pretty stretchy knit for the top portion.  I cut mine from an old tank top of mine that always stretched out too much. 
  

I would definitely recommend this pattern.  Super fun and easy!

Have you seen that Rae's Spring Top Sew Along has started again?  I think this would be a great pattern to use!  

9 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous on you, Meg! Hope your b-day was wonderful! I didn't realize you were turning 29; we're just months apart and probably graduated the same year. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I love the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Meg! That tunic is so cute on you. Looks great for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you week is wonderful Birthdays, holy week and Easter what fun. See ya next week I hope.
    Super cute top to I love those leggings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo !Cute - nice knit print and it looks great on you. Forever 29!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great and happy birthday! I do have a question though. You say you've been makign shirts but you're intimidated by knits... what do you use? Don't laugh because I am a new-new-new-NEW-newbie and I'm making my first shirt this weekend. I'm scared of the knit I bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I have 2 other LBB patterns which I love and I have been waiting to hear about this one. After seeing what you have done - I will definitely be purchasing this one!!! Great job!!
    jess
    jbeedelightful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...